By Robert M. Buffington,Eithne Luibhéid,Donna J. Guy
A international background of Sexuality offers a provocative, wide-ranging advent to the historical past of sexuality from the overdue eighteenth century to the current day.
- Explores what sexuality has intended within the daily lives of people during the last two hundred years
- Organized round 4 significant issues: the formation of sexual id, the law of sexuality by way of societal norms, the law of sexuality via associations, and the intersection of sexuality with globalization
- Examines the subject from a comparative, international standpoint, with well-chosen case experiences to light up the wider themes
- Includes interdisciplinary contributions from well-liked historians, sociologists, anthropologists, and sexuality experiences scholars
- Introduces vital theoretical innovations in a transparent, available way
Read or Download A Global History of Sexuality: The Modern Era PDF
Similar historical studies books
First released in 2006. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Textual opponents reports one of the most debated concerns in Herodotean scholarship. One such is Herodotus’ self-presentation: the conspicuousness of his authorial personality is likely one of the so much amazing good points of his Histories. So often does he interject first-person reviews into the narrative that Herodotus from time to time nearly turns into a personality inside of his personal textual content.
It's a loved trust between Thai people who their nation was once by no means colonized. but politicians, students, and different media figures chronically inveigh opposed to Western colonialism and the imperialist robbery of Thai territory. Thai historians insist that the rustic tailored to the Western-dominated global order extra effectively than different Southeast Asian kingdoms and rejoice their proud background of independence.
This e-book examines the myriad ways that conflict is culturally reassembled, appropriated, and commodified because it manifests itself in our tradition and invades our public mind's eye and turns into an indelible a part of our panorama via type, videos, photograph novels, tv etc.
Additional info for A Global History of Sexuality: The Modern Era
A Global History of Sexuality: The Modern Era by Robert M. Buffington,Eithne Luibhéid,Donna J. Guy